General Information & Deadlines
Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the programme or publication.
2. Abstracts can be submitted for the following categories and scientific topics:
Clinics (11 Topics)
• Base of Skull
• Head and neck
Physics: (10 Topics)
• Beam delivery and nozzle design
• Commissioning new facilities
• Absolute and relative dosimetry
• Quality assurance & Verification
• Treatment planning
• Dose calculation and optimisation
• Image guidance
• Monitoring and modelling motion
• 4D treatment and delivery
• Adaptive therapy
Biology: (6 Topics)
• Biological differences between carbon, proton and photons
• Drug and immunotherapy combinations
• Enhanced biology in treatment planning
• Mathematical modelling and simulation
• Translational and biomarkers
Proton Therapy in Developing Countries (1 Topic)
• Proton Therapy in Developing Countries
3. Additional Area of Interest – Artifical Intelligence: In addition to the above topics please indicate if your abstract can be considered to involve Artificial Intelligence, the definition of which here includes Machine or Deep Learning and/or analysis of Big Data sets. Please tick the relevant tick box during your submission directly after selecting the abstract category, topic and type.
4. A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
• Oral Presentation
• Poster Presentation
5. Abstracts can be amended in the online submission system until the submission deadline 16 December 2019.
6. All abstracts will be reviewed by the PTCOG Scientific Program Sub-Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and the content. They will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type.
7. Accepted abstracts will be made available electronically to all conference attendees. Rejected abstracts will not be displayed or published. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. PTCOG reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to the publication in the PTCOG Website or Journal.
8. All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail by 10 February 2020.
9. All presenting authors are obliged to register by 20 February 2020.
10. All abstracts must be written in English.
11. When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the appropriate category, scientific topic and the presentation method.
12. The maximum abstract title is 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (eg. This is the title of my abstract).
13. Up to 10 authors can be submitted for one abstract (including the presenting author).
14. The maximum abstract length is 250 words.
15. Up to 2 pictures/charts/tables can be included within the abstract text. (Please check the step-by-step picture upload guide below.)
• Pictures must be saved in .jpg
• Charts can only be inserted as a picture (saved as .jpg first)
• Tables can only be inserted as a picture (saved as .jpg first)
16. The number of submitted abstracts per one submitter/author is not limited.
Picture Upload Guide
Up to two pictures (1) can be inserted within the abstract text using the picture insert icon. They must be saved in JPG.
1. Place the picture title within the abstract in the location where the picture should appear(2). Click the “Picture Insert” icon to start the upload process (3).
2. Click the “Upload” button (1) and select the picture you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the insert image gallery (2).
3. Select the corresponding picture (1), copy the picture title into the “Alternate Text” field (2) and add the picture dimensions (one size is enough) (3) and confirm the selection with the ”Insert” button. (4) (width 300px = approx. 7cm wide)
4. When the picture is uploaded, the correct location and size can be checked. If you wish to change the dimensions you can simply delete the inserted picture and upload it once again with a different size.
Please contact the PTCOG 59 Scientific Programme Department for any assistance.