Sunday 6 June 12:00pm UTC / GMT
A live public stream of Hitachi’s symposium will be available here on Sunday 6 June 12:00pm UTC. Registered delegates are advised to watch within the Online Meeting Platform to access the full range of services.
Hitachi Particle Therapy Solution and Synchrotron-based Ultra-High Dose Rate Irradiation (FLASH) capability
Welcome to Hitachi's corporate symposium. In this interactive symposium, Mr. Umezawa, Technical Director of Hitachi Particle Therapy Solution, will introduce Hitachi’s Synchrotron-based Particle Therapy solution and activities for Ultra-High Dose Irradiation (FLASH). We also invite Dr. Iwata of Nagoya Proton Therapy Center to talk about “Scanning proton FLASH irradiation using a synchrotron accelerator: effects on cultured cells and differences by LET”. We look forward to seeing you.
Mr. Sash Matsumoto, Hitachi America
Hitachi Synchrotron-based Particle Therapy solution and activities for Ultra-High Dose Rate Irradiation (FLASH)
Mr. Masumi Umezawa, Hitachi - Smart Life Business Management Division HITACHI, Ltd
Scanning proton FLASH irradiation using a synchrotron accelerator: effects on cultured cells and differences by LET
Dr. Hiromitsu Iwata, MD, PhD, Nagoya Proton Therapy Center - Associate professor
(2015-present) Technical Director
• Technical Manager for a couple of Proton Therapy Project (Singapore, Hong Kong, etc)
• Project Manager for a project titled Development of Medical Devices and Systems for Advanced Medical Services funded by the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) with Hokkaido University and Osaka University.
(2008-) Leader of Particle Therapy R&D group
• Responsible researcher of government funding project with Hokkaido University, “Funding Program for World-Leading Innovative R&D on Science and Technology (FIRST Program)”
• Overall system design of newly developed proton therapy system under the collaboration.
(2005-) Beam Commissioning Manager in MD Anderson Project
• Overall system design of proton therapy system.
• Responsible for beam commissioning test at site, especially that for the spot scanning technique
(1996-) Researcher in Particles Therapy R&D Gr.
• Basic Design of major component of synchrotron accelerator by utilizing magnetic field simulation
• Overall system design of accelerator system of Proton Therapy System
(-1996) Kyoto University Graduate School of Engineering, Master of Nuclear Engineering
(2021-) Associate professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Nagoya Proton Therapy Center, Nagoya City University West Medical Center
(-2020) Associate professor, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences Education and Research Center for Advanced Medicine
(-2012) Assistant manager, Department of Radiation Oncology, Nagoya Proton Therapy Center, Nagoya City West Medical Center / Overseas education at MD Anderson Cancer Center
(-2012) Project general manager, Quality Life 21 Johoku Promotion Office, Health Department, Health & Welfare Bureau, City of Nagoya
(-2011) Clinical Research Physician, Department of Radiology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences
(-2010) Senior Resident, Department of Radiology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences / Domestic study-exchange at Hyogo Ion Beam Medical Center
(-2007) Resident, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital and Nagoya City University Hospital